There might be many reasons for which you want to find out the password of Wi-Fi network you are currently connected with. The process of finding out and viewing saved Wi-Fi network password is simple enough in Windows 7 that requires you to click on the Wi-Fi icon at the window’s system tray. It will bring a pop-up window where the users need to select the Wi-Fi network for which the password is to be known. This will again bring another window ‘properties’ and here under security tab the password will be displayed. But the process is bit different in Windows 10 and you need to work bit harder to get the properties.
The entire process of finding out Wi-Fi network password is explained here in detail.
- First right click on the Wi-Fi icon at the windows 10 system tray which will bring you two options.
- Click on the second option ‘Open the network and Sharing centre’.
- As you click on that, a list of all the networks that your computer is connected with will be displayed under the ‘Active Networks’ section.
- A click on the Wi-Fi network name for which you want to know the password will bring up a Wi-Fi Status window.
- Here you are required to tap on the option ‘wireless properties’ which will open a new window ‘Wireless Network properties’ displaying the name and type of the connection.
- Click on the ‘Security tab’ and the password is being displayed in the ‘Network security Key’ field. Tick on the checkbox ‘show character’ to see the password. That’s it, but do not make any changes here in the property as it will create issue next time you try connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
The process is not that tough which involves only a few more steps than windows 7 and you can make use of the same process in every windows version such as windows 8, windows 8.1 and Windows 7. So, if you are in need to view the Wi-Fi password you are currently connected with, easily find it out that by following the above process.