If 2015 has been good for you, then you would have end up with a new iPad or iPhone. Now the first thing you might wanna do is to set them up and start downloading the apps, create Apple ID, get your mail working, capture photos and much more. Setting up a new iPhone or an iPad is really easy and it is identical for both the devices.
You do not require an external PC or laptop for setting up the devices as it can be done with a basic Wi-Fi connection. Although, just out of the box iPhone/iPad should have enough battery power for the setup but is recommended to connect your device to power charger so that you will have a full battery at the end of the setup and can start using the device right away.
Follow the mentioned steps to setup a new iPhone or iPad
- Switch on the device by holding down power button for 2 seconds and then you will see a white Apple logo on the screen, release the button then. A Hello message would appear on the screen. Now swipe the screen to begin and choose your language.
- Now you will be required to choose your region. It would be the country where you live so that you can see the right time and date format, keyboard layout, currency and many other features.
- Now you will be required to choose a wireless network. You will be shown a list of networks if there are various different Wi-Fi networks available in your surroundings. Choose your network and input the password. Once connected, your iPad/iPhone will be activated after contacting Apple’s Servers
- Choose whether to enable locations services. You can also change these settings afterwards.
- Now you will be asked whether to setup the device as a new iPhone or iPad or restore an existing backup. If you have upgraded your device from an older model, its best to restore the backup. But if you are using it for first time then choose to set up as a new iPhone/iPad
- If you already have an Apple account then sign in using your email and password. If not, then create a free account. You can skip this feature but you will miss out on many of the features of iPhone or iPad.
When you setup the Apple account, you will be asked to enter your credit/debit card details. You will only be charged if you buy some paid apps. Downloading free apps won’t cost you a penny.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and now your device will be ready to use. Insert the SIM card if you already haven’t done so.
- After this you will be asked whether to use iCloud or not. You can opt to not use iCloud but then you will miss out the use of iMessage and FaceTime.
- Now you will asked to create a new passcode. It’s better not to skip this step as without passcode anyone can use your device. Create a 4 digit passcode.
- You can choose whether to use Siri or not. Siri is Apple’s digital assistant which can perform a lot of functions over voice command.
- Choose whether to send error reports to Apple (you can choose not to), and then you will be greeted with a message. Tap to get started with your new device.
Now you can set up your email, or download apps or import contacts from your drive and start using your iPhone/iPad.